DATE OF FORMATION: 2014
Smt. Sunita Acharya
(M.A., M.Ed., M.Phil)
Smt. Jyoti Singh
The Institute is registered under SAPNA NGO Mahila Salaah Evm Suraksha kendra, New Delhi.
The principle of gender equality enshrined in the Indian Constitution perceives that all women and men have right to live as free and equal human beings. The goal of the cell is the realiation of this principle.
- To create awareness among student teachers about problems faced by women due to gender issues.
- To create awareness amongst student teachers about the issues related to girls in schools.
- To equip the student teachers in providing sex education to school students.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self- confidence of female student teachers coming from socially backward backgrounds.
- To develop financial literacy among the female student teachers.
- Talks on legal rights of women.
- Training in providing sex education in schools.
- Workshop on providing education to school children on child sexual abuse.
- Financial literacy program.